You know me--when the family focus strays to other people for too long (Joan's shoulder, Tony's ribs, Linda's eyes, Terry's back, etc), things just don't feel right. I start to feel nauseous from neglect. So last night I remedied that situation. First, I ignored Linda's instructions never ever to ride a bike anywhere, and I went with Bridget (en bicyclette) to Governor's Island and all around town. Then, a few blocks from home, I saw a colleague on the corner, and suddenly everything became clear. "I know what Imma do!" I said to myself. "Imma slam on my brakes real hard. And den Imma dive on over my handlebars. And DEN Imma break my fall wit my arm! And DEN when I am hurt, everyone will pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
Long story short: success. Though sadly I did not scrape or bruise myself in any way, I have learned that I succeeded in fracturing my elbow. (Pix to come)
My left arm is pretty useless and can't be straightened out or used for anything beyond fingertip action. This afternoon I had an appointment with Dr. Keil (my doc and Mom's), and she sent me over to Beth Israel Ambulatory Care at Union Square, where they took xrays. She just called to say there's a radial head fracture. So tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment with Dr. Cuomo, an orthopedic surgeon at Beth Israel whom Dr. Keil recommended. The question is whether it will require surgery. I really hope not.
Meanwhile, I bought a sling at Walgreens and am icing it. Watch this space for updates. Prayers, please, and especially will you all quit focusing elsewhere and return your attention to me? kthx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
mon DIEU, my souris!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd to think I let you go cycling in England at 17 years old. Tsk, tsk
ReplyDeleteFYI I think a radial head fracture must be the most Williamsburgian of fractures since it's so close to sounding like a "Radiohead fracture."
ReplyDeletewell...um.
ReplyDeletei have a sinus headache!