Turns out Lowell is ok - we think it's a severe case of food poisoning and that the passing out was a perfect storm of hurling, hot water, exhaustion and low blood pressure. The EMTs checked him out and said his vitals were good and he seems to be on the road to recovery via gingerale and saltines. Also, Joan had a small-ish fall, resulting in "ache, but not pain," which seems to have abated with a little of the blessed vicodin.
Meantime, Dylan has told me 1) that I am not allowed to have any cookies; 2) that I am not allowed to even SAY the word cookies (to which I responded, much to her consternation, "COUld you pass me the KEYS?"); and 3) that after everyone goes to bed, she plans to get up, eat all the cookies, drink a bunch of egg nog, watch movies and trash the house. And after all this instruction, she then brought me a cookie.
It's hard to beat that drama. God bless the Vicodan. I'll have one plus a few cookies please.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas.